Client Services Associate
As a fast-growing company of over one hundred and fifty people, we are looking for a talented Client Services Associate to join our team in the Boston office. The Client Services Associate will help coordinate investment execution and performance reporting activities for a range of clients, and help build our operational processes and procedures, supporting the Investment Principals and the Partners who manage client relationships.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to a Boston-based Principal in the Client Services department. The role has a wide-ranging responsibility and involves working with both the broader Operations and Investment teams across all offices. As a rapidly-growing firm, we seek new team members who are dynamic and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The candidate should be hardworking and must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. Additionally, over time this role may develop into a client facing position and thus a strong candidate will be comfortable interacting with clients in a professional manner.
The company has a ‘small business’ atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Account Management:
- Work with Client Service Principal(s) and Senior Associate(s) as the dedicated client service and operations support for several client relationships.
- Draft client correspondence (e.g. ad hoc requests, capital calls, billing, statements, valuations).
- Monitor client cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their custodians, trustees or other third-parties.
Client Investment Execution:
- Manage implementation of approved client portfolio actions.
- Prepare complete and accurate investment documentation for clients to review and execute (e.g. brokerage account applications, subscription/redemption documents).
- Coordinate execution of approved client brokerage transactions (e.g. ETFs and mutual funds, capital calls, wires).
- Liaise directly with custodians, fund administrators and other providers to ensure client investments are implemented accurately, efficiently, and on a timely basis.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded and tracked accurately using our in-house systems.
Client Investment Reporting:
- Review client monthly “flash” reports and quarterly performance statements.
- Validate client transactional and performance details using or in-house systems.
- Assist with collection of fund manager performance data.
- Assist the Investment Team by updating client balance sheets, client presentations, meeting materials and other client correspondence.
Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Work with Client Service Principals and Senior Associates on process improvement initiatives and system development projects.
- Maintain client files and update documentation records, especially around AML/KYC documentation.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must possess an outstanding track record of accomplishments and strong interpersonal, communication, and client service skills.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field. SAT score and GPA must be provided.
- Prior experience (0-2 years) working within financial services operations, even at internship level.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily workloads while working efficiently and accurately.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the success of the business.
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback from/to direct manager and Partners.
Our salary and benefits package is competitive and includes a base salary, a performance-based cash bonus and a deferred compensation program directly linked to firm profitability, designed to support retention and incentivize long-term employees. Partners Capital is committed to the development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning and training opportunities. We also support pursuit of professional certifications as appropriate to each individual.
Further information about Partners Capital is available on our website at http://www.partners-cap.com