Client Services Associate
As a fast-growing company of over one hundred and fifty people, we are looking for someone to help coordinate investment execution activities for our Asian based clients, supporting the Investment Principals and the Partners who manage client relationships, and help build our operational processes and procedures.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to the Principals in the Client Services department. The role has a wide-ranging remit and involves working with both the broader Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The role is not client facing, as client relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, but strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise in relation to the management of our client’s portfolios, such as trustees, company directors, financial advisors, tax advisors, fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks, brokers, and the Executive Assistants to HNWI clients.
The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable in an extremely fast-paced environment. They must be comfortable interacting with colleagues and third parties, prioritising and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The company has a “small business” atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
- Client investment execution - manage from start to finish, i.e. create trade plans, send execution instructions, monitor cash, security and FX movements, send trade confirmations.
- Third party relationships - liaise with client custodians, trustees, advisors and administrators.
- Product knowledge - understand the types of products our clients invest, in across all asset classes.
- Client balance sheets - update and review on a timely basis e.g. monitor currency and asset class exposures versus Investment Policy targets.
- Client meeting preparation - support Investment Principals where necessary.
- Respond to client calls - act as support to the Investment Principals in managing client relationships.
- Quarterly reporting and semi-annual billing
- Client on-boarding – work with account opening team in London to review KYC documentation for new clients to ensure they meet the regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and an active interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach, an appetite for challenge are essential qualities. Candidates must:
- Have an excellent academic record, having graduated from a reputable university with a 1:1 or 2:1 degree, as well as strong A Levels (Maths / Economics is preferred but not essential).
- At least one year’s experience of working within Financial Services, ideally in an investment bank or asset-management firm.
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Outlook.
The salary is highly competitive and would include a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications.
Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com