Senior Software Engineer
Boutique international investment advisor to sophisticated investors looking for a software engineer to join the talented team located in our London headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally talented software engineer and will have graduated in the top quartile of his or her class having studied Computer Science or an equivalent technical degree from a top-rated university.
The candidate will be joining a small team where the impact will be immediate and tangible. To be effective the candidate needs to be curious, practical, committed to high quality well tested code, apply clear judgment and critical thinking, as well as collaborate closely with others in the firm. The candidate will be working directly with investment and client service professionals and must have a flexible and entrepreneurial approach to their work with an appetite for challenges. The developer should have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Previous experience working in financial services
- Demonstrable experience of having led a team
- Strong knowledge across PHP, Python and C#
- Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming
- An unrivaled enthusiasm for new and emerging technologies
- A good understanding of relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience building data visualisations
The primary responsibility of the individual is to work on all phases of the software development cycle. The responsibilities include:
- Develop and support software as required by the business. This includes building solutions to manage and report on client portfolios as well as software to help source and carry out effective due diligence on investment managers.
- Maintaining and improving the existing codebase based on guidelines set by the team management
- Working in a collaborative team environment with lots of pairing
- Mentoring and training junior members of the team
- Participating in discussions to improve existing systems and infrastructure to help drive future development strategy
The salary is in the range £50-75k, depending on experience
All applications are due by 14th February 2019
Email CV & cover letter to: email@example.com, with subject line “Senior Software Engineer”