Stan Miranda: Chief Executive Officer, Founder, Chief Investment Officer
As CEO and CIO, Stan leads the overall investment strategy and portfolio construction for clients at the firm and is the Co-portfolio manager of The Master Portfolio. Stan chairs the Internal Investment Committee. Previously, Stan was a Co-founder and Managing Director of Evolution Global Partners, a Kleiner Perkins & TPG affiliated venture capital firm; Director of Bain & Company and member of its Worldwide Executive Committee (Chairman in 1997-98); member of Bain & Company's Private Equity Practice and Private Equity Investment Committee member; and Certified Public Accountant. Stan holds an MBA from Harvard and is a Registered Investment Manager with the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
Management and employees own approximately 65 percent of the Company, while 35 percent is held by a number of strategic investors who bring relevant experience and a network of relationships that provide insights into specific asset classes and asset managers. These include:
- Sir Ronald Cohen, who is a co-founder and former executive chairman of Apax Partners Worldwide. Founded in 1972, Apax Partners is one of the world’'s leading private equity investment groups, operating across Europe, the USA, Israel and Japan. Worldwide, it advises and manages funds of over $20 billion. Sir Ronald serves on the Board of Overseers of Harvard and is a past chairman of the British Venture Capital Association and a founder director of the European Venture Capital Association. He is also a Trustee of the British Museum. He is a graduate of Exeter College, Oxford and has an MBA from Harvard.
- Lord Rothschild, who is head of the Rothschild Family in the UK and acts as independent investment adviser to a number of wealthy European families and foundations. Having left NM Rothschild & Sons Ltd in 1980, he has spent the past three decades creating a series of highly successful companies in money management, life assurance and investments including Global Asset Management, St James’s Place Capital, J Rothschild Assurance and RIT Capital Partners. Today he is Chairman of RIT Capital Partners, the investment trust company, and sits on the investment advisory boards of several multi-billion dollar family endowments.
- Höegh Capital Partners, the investment management arm of the Höegh family, with a 20 person team split across London and NYC, researching and investing in hedge funds, private equity, property, oil & gas, equities and bonds.
- Richard M. DeMartini, who is a Partner with the private equity firm Crestview Partners. Previously, Rich was President of the Bank of America Asset Management Group. Prior to joining Bank of America, he served as Chairman and CEO of the International Private Client Group at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter and was a member of the firm’s Management Committee. He has served as chairman of the board of the Nasdaq Stock Market and vice chairman of the board of the National Association of Securities Dealers. He is a graduate of San Diego State University.
The Partners of Partners Capital constitute its internal investment committee and make all decisions and recommendations to its clients on asset allocation and asset manager selection. The group of external investment professionals profiled below acts as an advisory body bringing macro investment insights, introductions to new asset managers and also acts as a critical sounding board on new investment directions. It meets quarterly and has frequent interaction inbetween.
- John Burgess: Co-founder and Managing Partner of BC Partners until he retired in 2005. BC Partners is a leading private equity firm that has played an active role in the development of the large buy-out market for 20 years. Since its formation in 1986, BC Partners has invested in 73 companies with total enterprise value of €66bn. Prior to BC Partners, John worked for Candover Investments, F&C Ventures and the Boston Consulting Group. He holds an MA in Engineering from the University of Cambridge and an MBA from the INSEAD Business School.
- Nancy A. Curtin: Chief Investment Officer at Close Asset Management, a multi asset class investment firm, investing in a range of direct and external managers in the Equity, Fixed Income and Alternatives arena. Previously, CIO at Fortune Asset Management, an institutional advisory firm.
- John D. Lowenberg, Sr.: Former Chairman of Denison University Endowment Investment Committee and now Chair Emeritus. Former Director and MD International Institutional sales for The Robinson-Humphrey Company LLC.
- Dr. Christine Downton: One of the founding partners of currency risk management firm, Pareto Partners, where she was the Chief Investment Officer. Formerly worked with the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Roger Morrison: Former Managing Director of McKinsey's London Office and member of Shareholding and Executive Committees. In 1970's, as member of McKinsey Investment Committee, Roger led a move to invest in alternative investments and to establish the in-house McKinsey Investment Office for staff pensions.
- Ron Tabbouche: Investment Director and Executive Director of RIT Capital Partners plc. Formerly Head of Investments at GAM.
- David Henle: Founder and Managing Member of DLH Capital. Formerly Global Head of Private Wealth Management, Goldman Sachs